Saturday, 1 August 2026

McBusted's Most Excellent Adventure Part 10 - Dominic

Here's my brand new McBusted Fan Fiction which is a 10-parter interconnected story. The McBusted boys were making their way to their show, only for them to get kidnapped and forced to take part in an escape room based on video game genres. Can they make their escape in order to make it to their show on time?

The final chapter focuses on each of the band members and the guest stars Hayden Christensen, Chris Bourne and my original character Dominic along with the Pokémon they have used for the Pokémon Adventures story. 

Here's Chapter 1 with Danny Jones

Here's Chapter 2 with Tom Fletcher

Here's Chapter 3 with James Bourne

Here's Chapter 4 with Charlie Simpson

Here's Chapter 5 with Dougie Poynter

Here's Chapter 6 with Matt Willis

Here's Chapter 7 with Harry Judd

Here's Chapter 8

Here's Chapter 9 with Hayden Christensen

Dominic

My name is Dominic, a Psychokiening who is a huge fan of McBusted, and I was supposed to see them in their concert, only for me to end up in this one heck of an adventure.

To make a long story short, I met up with Hayden Christensen (I’m also a huge fan of), and we were told by our local superhero, Almighty Man (aka Dane), that the McBusted boys were kidnapped and were forced to take part in an escape room called Escape the Gaming Room. We were able to rescue them so that they can get back to their show, but now we have to find the bomb that is set to explode the entire escape room with us in it.

Before we left the top of the Escape the Gaming Room where we had found the McBusted boys and the others, Hayden had led us to the room where he had found the space pods and item supplies. “There seems to be enough for each of us, so maybe they could help us to find the bomb twice as fast”, said Hayden. “At the very least, riding on them could make this fun”, said Tom with wonder as his way to hide his nerves.

We frantically search every room, zooming all over the place in our space pods (with thankfully no androids in sight, and the gaming rooms were not functioning), but we have no leads. The timer was running fast, and we were all scared out of our minds. “Just where the heck is this thing?!” cried Harry in panic as we looked throughout the corridor. “How can a huge bomb be so hard to find?!” exclaimed Charlie. “I want to get out of here! Why can’t we be in our show like we’re supposed to?” said Danny, who is full of anxiety. “Not even flying around these fancy space pods makes a difference!” ranted Dougie.

I was thinking back to when Hayden, Dane, and I were in the maze-like corridor, trying to recall if I had seen anything that stood out that could give us a lead. I then remembered seeing a huge spaceship symbol on the wall, which is when I got distracted carrying Hayden’s pole with my telekinesis. It isn’t like me to get sidetracked, yet it was glowing in the dark that it caught my eye.

It then occurred to me that it could be a crucial clue. “Guys, I think I may have the answer if you all follow me”, I said as I drove my space pod, leading everyone to where I’ve found the symbol. “Dominic, you could be our only hope”, said Matt with awe as everyone didn’t hesitate to follow me.

I led them to where I’ve found the spaceship symbol, and I sensed that there was something in there that could be the bomb we’re looking for. “Hey, doesn’t that look like the spaceship that took us out before?” asked James. “If so, then maybe this is where we’ll face it for us to give it some fine payback”, said Chris.

The Bourne Brothers could be right about that, as I placed my hand near the symbol, it opened the door. We rushed in and saw the huge bomb with the timer. “Dominic! Your psychic powers are a lifesaver!” cheered Danny, patting my shoulder, which made me blush. It’s a good thing that my memory has come in use. I have come a long way, hiding who I am as a Psychokiening. “It’s a good thing that the mishap back then happened. You’re our hero,” said Dane. I do agree that it’s funny how things have turned out.

“Now all we have to do is to stop that bomb!” said Harry, but before we could do anything, the whole room was shaking, and the bomb had suddenly moved upwards, revealing its whole body that resembled a giant space ship with several cannon-like arms (just like an octopus). “Oh my gosh! We were right!” cried James with astonishment as he and the others recognised it.

“You lower life losers may have found the bomb, but now you have to defeat our ultimate android, The Space Kraken!” said Sybil. “I doubt you inferior beings can stop our Space Kraken”, said Bart smugly. I said to everyone, “Well then, how about we make this our one last game?” “Yes! I’m ready to win this together!” said Charlie with agreement. “It’ll be our most excellent adventure yet!” said Tom, who is ready to go. “We’re all in this together”, added Hayden. “Together we shall beat this game!” said Dane as we all drove our space pods towards The Space Kraken.

Use this music for the final boss

Danny Jones

Alright, it’s time for us to work together just like a supergroup! The plan is for each of us to take on each of The Space Kraken’s arms, with me working with Amino and my Espeon. The arm that I was facing was jabbing towards me like a boxer. I’ve shown my boxing skills by parking my space pod on the nearest platform and battering my fists against its arm using Psycho Combat, and I aren’t going to pull any punches!

However, The Space Kraken’s arm fired boulders towards me, which I failed to notice and got hit by them. It’s like the times when I hit myself when opening the door!  This allowed me to get slammed down by the arm. It was like getting whacked by a newspaper! Still, I couldn’t help but wonder if I have what it takes to beat The Space Kraken?

Nevertheless, my fellow teammates Amino and Espeon helped back me up, with Espeon using Psychic on the arm, which allowed Amino to punch it with a fiery punch. He then helped to pick me up, saying, “We gotta show that we are strong, body and soul.”

He’s right about that. We must demonstrate that we are mentally strong while showcasing our physical capabilities to utilise our strength, even if it is mentally nerve-wracking. However, I am confident that we must win this so that we can make it to our show. It’ll be like my greatest challenge since being in the jungle!

The Space Kraken’s arm fired more boulders towards us. I allowed Espeon and Amino to clear them away while I fired my laser shot from my space pod from a distance. Espeon and Amino were about to get hit by The Space Kraken’s arm, but this is when I came in as I sped up my space pod and jumped out to deliver a knuckle sandwich using Megaton Punch! It was my way to help my teammates in return.

Suddenly, The Space Kraken’s arm fights back with its rapid jab movements that sent me crashing down onto the platform. It then continues to jab its arm towards us, so we have to jump from platform to platform to dodge it. It’s going to wreck everything at this rate! Though we found some items that we make use of, including two mushrooms that Amino and I use to make ourselves big (or in Amino’s case, even bigger!), while Espeon found a curry dish.

It cleverly makes use of the flames, moving them using Psychic to take out the boulder projectiles. It’s as if Espeon is using Mythical Flame, which is good thinking of it! That allows us giants to handle any of The Space Kraken’s arms with our tanky muscles while Amino grabs it using his huge grip, giving me a chance to punch the arm with my giant Megaton Punch! “I am made for this kind of thing, but you make a great sparring partner!” said Amino just before our size reverted to normal.

Thanks, I agree with that though The Space Kraken’s arm is about to slam into us once again, but Amino, Espeon and I stopped its tracks by combining our attacks together as one, including my Star Force Shocker, Espeon’s Psychic and Amino’s huge fireball! As soon as the arm was stunned by our combined attacks, I grabbed the hammer and slammed it onto the arm, which finished it off! I do make a great fighter even with my shirt unbuttoned and my floppy belt.

Tom Fletcher

Here we are, giving it our all up against The Space Kraken as our final boss. The arm I am facing against fires shell-like projectiles towards me, which is just like the shells from those Tortoise enemies from Super Hedgehog Brothers!

I fired my space pod’s missiles towards the shells, but there were so many of them that I couldn’t hit them all, and my space pod got hit. But Madame Donna and Jolteon helped me out by firing their light projectiles and Thunderbolt at the shells. “I guess this is our chance to collab”, said Madame Donna jokingly. I smiled at her humouring me, but it is true that we fellow pop stars are working together.

Just then, the Space Kraken’s arm knocked our space pods onto the platforms. It then fired spike-like missiles towards us, and even if we avoided them, they stuck on the ground. Ugh, spikes are a pain, but we find ourselves moving to each platform while dodging the spike traps, making our way towards the Space Kraken arm. It’s just like when I was playing Super Hedgehog Brothers.

But, as before, we have found the same items that we can use to turn things around, including the wrap star, which I grabbed and threw towards the Space Kraken's arm. Weeee!!! The spikes were still firing towards me, but Madame Donna and Jolteon helped me with their items, including the arm cannon (aka The Tom Blaster) for Madame Donna and the Fire Flower for Jolteon, firing missile and fireball projectiles at the spikes.  Thanks to them, I was able to get closer to The Space Kraken’s arm and fired my Star Force Shocker at it.

The Space Kraken then slammed its arm at me, causing me to crash onto the platform near Madame Donna and Jolteon, so we had to make our way towards my space pod (it was fun riding on the wrap star while it lasted). There were many loops, springs, pipes and blocks that we had to break by jump punching them (or in Jolteon’s case, firing its Shadow Balls at them), so this is just like platform gaming.

We also have to dodge the Space Kraken’s arm spikes. I almost stepped into them, but Madame Donna protected me by summoning a light barrier. I thanked her for that, as I wouldn’t want to have sore feet for my shows! “Always watch your step”, she replied jokingly. It helped to protect me from the spikes for a while until it wore off, but Jolteon backed me up by firing its Thunderbolt at the spikes.

This helped us to make it to my space pod, but suddenly, the Space Kraken slammed its arm in front of Madame Donna and Jolteon, breaking the platform, which caused them both to fall. Quickly, I summoned a gravity field to save them from falling. It’s good to help them out in return. Madame Donna thanked me, and I hopped back onto my space pod (Madame Donna and Jolteon used the gravity field to make it back onto the platform).

I drove full speed ahead towards The Space Kraken’s arm, firing its missiles at the incoming spikes, although I was about to get hit by a dozen spikes that were heading towards me. Madame Donna, who was running on the nearby platforms, tossed me the red sneakers, which caused my ship to spin around, which repelled the spikes.  Amazing how this worked, just like a Pokémon using Rapid Spin! This allowed me to fire my laser shot at The Space Kraken’s arm, taking it out.

James Bourne

Defeating the Space Kraken before the timer runs out is just like a race, as I sped up my space pod towards the Space Kraken. It may not be the same as the DeLorean, but hey, riding on one of those sci-fi space crafts is just as awesome.

The Space Kraken’s arm tried to stop me by firing its missiles and shells towards me, but I had help from Leafeon, who swiped the incoming weapons using Leaf Blade to protect me, and Storm, who blew away the weapons using her wind.

This helped me to get closer towards The Space Kraken’s arm, firing the space pod’s laser shot and missiles, but the arm slammed into the space pod, causing me to drive off course towards a bunch of platforms, so we were further away from The Space Kraken.  

This was discouraging, but Storm said to me, “You can’t let up now! We've got to make it to the finishing line no matter the difficulties!” She is right about that. Our show is the finishing line, and we have to beat this race if we want to get there (I guess I can get psychological, too).

Getting back on course (pardon the pun), we happened to land on the road-like path that’ll take us near The Space Kraken arm. This makes it just like a race, so we drove full speed ahead. The Space Kraken arm fired more missiles, shells, and bananas towards us. Leafeon and Storm continued to repel them on my behalf. It also fired a blue shell at us, but I grabbed it before it could hit. I thought I could save it for later.

There was one time when The Space Kraken fired a missile towards my left side, so I turned towards the right side, only for The Space Kraken to toss a banana peel towards the right, so I inevitably drove on the banana peel, causing the space pod to slip towards the speed ramp and drive off the edge. There was the road-like path on the other side, but I could tell that we weren’t going to make it on land with the huge gap, so with my quick thinking, I summoned the wind using my Psy Wind to give us some extra acceleration to land on the other side.

“That was so close! You did an excellent job with your skills, just like for our battle!” said Storm, praising me as she returned the favour by blowing away a row of banana peels that were on the road-like path. Yeah, I was proud of that myself. We were getting closer towards The Space Kraken's arm, which was about to slam on me, but Leafeon quickly defended by slashing its leaf tail using Leaf Blade. This shows that its leaf is mightier than a machine! I used this chance to fire my blue shell item at The Space Kraken’s arm, which dealt huge damage to it, giving it a taste of its own medicine!  

Charlie Simpson

I still have my Wonder Gadget, which I’ve used to take out the incoming sphere projectiles from The Space Kraken’s arm, including its sword and cannon functions. Vaporeon and Attila also gave me a helping hand with Vaporeon shielding me using Protect, and Attila firing his electrical bolts.

This helped us to get closer to The Space Kraken arm, firing our attacks at it, including my Star Force Shocker, Vaporeon’s Scald and Attila’s electrical bolt. However, the Space Kraken slammed into the space pod so hard that I got knocked off, much to Vaporeon and Attila’s dismay. I landed on the platforms, so I’ll have to make it back myself. I guess this is just like an adventure.

I’ve used my Angel Wings to glide towards the platforms and the Master Gadget’s Whip as a hook to get me onto the edge of the platform, swinging as if I were holding a vine. I saw Attila firing my space pod’s missiles towards The Space Kraken’s arm, doing the fighting for me while Vaporeon kept an eye on me.

I then noticed that they were about to get attacked by The Space Kraken’s sphere projectile. I fired my Master Gadget’s Cannon shot at the projectile to protect them. They both spotted me with Attila, saying, “Thank goodness you’re safe! Hold on while we come to get you!” I insisted that I could make it to them myself as I continued to navigate the platforms. It’ll be a good challenge for me, although Attila drove towards the nearest platform towards me anyway.

Once again, I’ve used my Angel Wings and the Master Gadget’s Whip to get across the platforms. I didn’t have as much trouble, but when I was getting closer to Attila and Vaporeon, the Space Kraken fired its sphere projectile towards them. Quickly, I’ve defended them by swinging my Master Gadget’s sword at it. The impact has caused me to fall, but Attila grabbed me with his muscular arms.

“That was brave of you, but I aren’t going to let you fall! We’re getting you all out of here no matter what!” said Attila. He’s right, even if that was brave of me, it was still reckless, and I can’t afford to fall here, not without getting to our show to see our wonderful fans.  Another projectile was fired towards us, but it was Vaporeon who protected us using Protect. I gave my thanks to it (who is overjoyed with my safety).

Anyway, I hopped back onto the space pod and drove full speed ahead towards The Space Kraken’s arm. It was about to attack us with its sphere projectile again, but I once again did the protecting, this time using my Magical Shield. This allowed me to charge up my Master Gadget’s cannon and fire towards the arm, taking it out.

Dougie Poynter

Alright! It’s time to blow this escape room! But first, we have to get rid of this octopus freak. I may not have my Emblemmons with me (who turned out to be killer robots anyway), but I have Mathieu and Glaceon besides me, so Mathieu will serve as my Emblemmon since Glaceon is a Pokémon (which are the real deal).

Anyway, the Space Kraken fired several sword, spear, axe and arrow projectiles at us, but I said to my comrades, “Mathieu! Glaceon! Use your icy powers to freeze them!” “Er, I don’t need to be commanded,” said Mathieu, who seemed embarrassed to be used as my Emblemmon, but he nevertheless obeyed my command as he and Glaceon fired their ice beams at the projectiles, freezing them solid. Also, I’ve just noticed that these projectiles are surrounded by elemental power, as if they represent the attacks of the Emblemmons. I have to be reminded of the Emblemmons, do I?

Just when I said that, The Space Kraken’s arm fired a huge gust of wind toward us. It blew us right back. It’s as if Talonrus has come back to haunt us. But Mathieu and Glaceon countered the wind by firing their blizzard without me commanding them. “No matter what we face, nothing shall stop us!” said Mathieu with determination. I guess I’ll give them credit for acting on instinct. Anyway, that allowed us to get closer to The Space Kraken’s arm. I fired my Mind Spheres at it, followed by Mathieu and Glaceon’s ice beams.

Immediately after that, though, the Space Kraken fired meteor-like shots to represent Negagon’s attack. These hit our space pod and caused us to fall. It was mayday! Mayday! Mayday! Well, it would have been if it weren’t for my quick thinking. I told Mathieu and Glaceon to fire ice beams underneath us. I then used my mind to combine the ice into an icy platform, providing a safe landing for us. We make a great team, like trainers and their tamed monsters should. I said to them that I’d give them extra treats tonight. Glaceon seemed overjoyed. Mathieu pulled a funny face.

Of course, we weren’t out of the woods yet (not like that particular scene of our cheesy horror movie Nowhere Left to Run with Danny Jones saying that particular line) with The Space Kraken’s arm firing Negagon’s meteor attacks towards us. But I used my mind to send the attacks right back, The Space Kraken, while Glaceon and Mathieu froze the arm with their ice beams. How do you like them apples?!

We then drove our space pod back up towards The Space Kraken, firing its laser shot at The Space Kraken’s arm, destroying it. Now that's what I call super effective with a critical hit!

Matt Willis

Riding on the space pod and fighting against the Space Kraken is just like riding on the Spray Wing and fighting the humanoid-face-like fortress during Star Splatters! Only this time, I’ll be shooting out regular missiles and colourful laser shots. I still have my arsenal with me, though I’ve given them to Connor.

Connor helped to toss the paintball bombs towards the Space Kraken’s arm, tossing them with great strength and accuracy with his muscular arms.  “This is giving me a good workout!” he boasted as he landed a hit. Flareon also provided some help by firing its Scorching Sand towards the paintball bombs fired by The Space Kraken’s arm, defending us from the attacks.

The Space Kraken then summoned asteroids from its arm. It reminds me of before, but like that time, we all worked together to take out the asteroids, including me firing the Space Pods’ missiles, Connor firing his Paint Ball Sniper at them, and Flareon shattering them using Super Power. Those huge space rocks won’t stop us now!

However, The Space Kraken’s arm whacked the space pod, causing us to get shaken. I bet it used the asteroids to distract us!  That made us exposed to its paintball snipers. Once I came round, I told Connor and Flareon to hold tight and spin around the Space Pod to dodge the attacks, doing a barrel roll! “Nice job there, though I admit that it made me feel dizzy”, said Connor woozily.

Still, the Space Kraken remains persistent; firing its paintballs, shooting, or trying to slam into us with its arm, which gives us some trouble aiming our attacks. As I dodged the arm, I noticed an unoccupied platform area next to the arm. I figured that I could discreetly leave a bomb that should explode within range of its arm. I’ve told Connor and Flareon about the plan as I flew towards the platform and dropped off the paintball bomb. I flew away from the platform while Connor fired the Paintball Snipers and Flareon, continuing to defend us using Scorching Sand to buy some time until the paintball bomb is set.

Connor aims the Paintball Snipers at the incoming paintball shots and the Space Kraken’s arm. However, the arm slammed into us, which made it difficult for Connor to aim his Paintball Sniper as our Space Pod rocked about. Just as the arm was about to whack into us again, Flareon bravely defended us by ramming the arm using Flare Blitz. It got itself hurt from the impact and recoil, so I told it not to push itself, and that was when the arm was about to hit us again. This time, I defended by countering the arm, concentrating my mind on it to unleash a mind-explosion attack using Mind Explosion.

And that was when the paintball bomb exploded near its arm, dealing great damage to it, so I had planned that well! I then fired the Space Pod’s laser shot to destroy the weakened arm.

Harry Judd

It’s time to win this so-called game, where failure is not an option, if we want to see our wonderful fans. Still, The Space Kraken was being a pain with its arm firing explosive projectiles towards us, which kept tracking us like tracking bombs. They remind me of Sneakers but just as annoying!

Fortunately, I still have my crafting tools with me. Thinking quickly, I use the remaining materials to craft some snipers. I hand them to Zion, who helps by shooting the incoming explosive projectiles, clearing our path. “It’s good to make use of what you have, as they say,” Zion remarks as they fire. I agree—using what we have is working well for us so far.

The Space Kraken’s arm was poised to slam into us, but Umbreon intercepted using Foul Play. Beforehand, I had attached some spare torches to Umbreon, so when it physically attacked the Kraken’s arm, the impact was explosive and caused extra damage. Despite this, one of the explosive projectiles slammed into our Space Pod, forcing us to crash land on a nearby platform. Bah! I knew I should have crafted some armour—maybe we could have avoided this if not for that one persistent projectile!

If that wasn’t bad enough, the Space Pod sustained some damage, so it was going to take some time for it to repair itself with repair mode. But I can’t afford to wait when the bomb is ticking! I need to beat The Space Kraken to get to my show! As I was pondering in frustration, Zion said to me, “Steady now, we can still fight using what we have”.

Zion’s right, throwing a tantrum won’t solve anything. After all, I said that I have my crafting tools, so I can come up with something for us to fight even on the platform, so I’ve gathered some leftover materials, including stones, to form a font with some cannon balls. That way, we can aim our attacks towards The Space Kraken’s arm from the cannon balls, including my Star Force Shocker and Zion’s aqua-based moves and the leftover flame torches that we used as fireballs while being protected by the stone barriers.

Now we’re turning the tables and dealing a lot of damage to The Space Kraken’s arm thanks to my crafting! Not to brag, but I bet I can become a champion of crafting. However, the Space Kraken slammed its arm towards our front, breaking it apart. Umbreon tried to defend us using Foul Play. Although it managed to deal some damage, it wasn’t able to stop the arm from destroying our font (and the torches that were attached to it were used up).

Luckily, that was when my Space Pod had repaired itself, so we could use it again. I’ve gathered some spare diamonds to craft mirror armour surrounding them (and to make it more sparkly). We got back on the Space Pod, and when the Space Kraken fired its explosive projectiles, they were bounced back by the mirror armour, destroying the arm. Men, it felt satisfying seeing The Space Kraken getting hoisted by its own petard.

Chris Bourne

It was great to fight alongside the McBusted boys, and this was my way of getting my own back on Sybil and Bart for using me as their puppet. Of course, I may not have psychic powers unlike them, but Dane and The Busted boys’ shiny Mega Gardevoir, as loaned to me, will fight by my side while I ride the space pod.

I was already dodging The Space Kraken's arm’s shadowy lighting attack (which resembled Pluto’s attacks) by spinning the space pods around, so it was already a wild ride (just like a rollercoaster)! That gave me an opening to fire the space pod’s laser shots towards The Space Kraken’s arm. Mega Gardevoir also fired her own laser shot, Lumina Crash. Now that is sure to crash down onto the Space Kraken’s arm (pardon the pun).

The Space Kraken probably didn’t handle that very well, so in response, it fired some large, shadowy sphere projectiles that were rapidly heading towards us, so there wasn’t going to be enough time for me to dodge them. But Dane rushed in to protect us, bravely charging in using Mighty Slam, which took out the incoming projectiles (helped with all this training and vitamins, I bet). He turned to me and said, “This time, I will protect those who need it.” I can tell with the looks in his valiant eyes that he truly meant that.

Just then, shadowy missiles were fired from The Space Kraken’s arm towards us, but Mega Gardevoir summoned a portal that protected us. I recall from the Pokedexs that Gardevoirs are supposed to protect their trainers this way, and I knew that the Busted boys had given me their Gardevoir for this purpose.

The Space Kraken’s arm then released a shadowy mist (similar to Pluto’s), which obstructed our vision, using it to fire its shadowy attacks at us. My Space Pod took a hit, and not even Dane was able to see, but I am not going to fall for that! I listened carefully to where the attacks were fired for me to anticipate their moves. As soon as I heard some shadowy missiles that were heading towards us, I told Mega Gardevoir to use Hyper Voice to intercept the shadowy missiles, which also cleared away the fog.

Dane praised me for my clever thinking, saying, “You would make a great hero!” who held onto The Space Kraken’s arm that was about to whack us. That was my cue to fire the space pod’s laser shot to take out the arm.

Hayden Christensen

Once again, this is where the fun begins. The McFly boys have loaned me their shiny Mega Gallade to help me fight, using its arm-like blades to protect me from The Space Kraken’s projectiles, which is very noble of it. Of course, I was no slouch myself, even without any fancy powers, with my piloting skills, including firing its weapons or dodging attacks.

But that’s not to say that I have an easy ride as The Space Kraken’s arm that I’m fighting against has produced a dark lighting that surrounds us. This makes it not only harder to navigate but also to anticipate its moves, as its arm jabbed the space pod. I admit that it makes me feel unnerved being surrounded by darkness, yet Anakin (and my other characters) has been through darkness himself.

But just when I was about to get hit by its arm, Mega Gallade protected me by striking with its Psy Blade.  I can tell that Mega Gallade has a lot of trust in the McFly boys, which is why he’s willing to protect a close friend like me. I returned the favour by striking the arm with the pole that I still have. It may not be able to slice the arm as a Lightsaber would, but I can still lay a huge dent in it.

Still, we need to find a way to break against the darkness, especially with the clock ticking. While The Space Kraken fired its projectiles, I fired the space pod’s missiles in self-defence, even though I wasn’t able to counter its projectiles due to the darkness. However, I’ve found that the missiles were able to cut through the surrounding darkness.  

So while Mega Gallade helped to defend me from the attacks, using his reflexes to detect the attacks, I focused on firing my missiles and laser shots at the darkness. Just as I’ve cleared away the darkness, I spotted The Space Kraken’s arm that was about to attack Mega Gallade from behind while he was fighting against the projectiles using Close Combat. With my quick thinking, I tossed my pole towards the arm, protecting Mega Gallade. It’s almost as if I’ve tossed the pole with my force! Mega Gallade appreciated me for that.

We then fired our laser shot and Psy Blade to break through the darkness, showing that we can fight the darkness towards the light. We can now see The Space Kraken’s arm and its attacks clearly as it swings its tentacle towards us, so I drove the space pod downwards to avoid it. It reminds me of Star Wars Episode 2 when Obi-Wan and I, as Anakin, were chasing Zam Wesell on an airspeeder. I forgot that Obi-Wan didn’t like flying.

Joke's aside, this gives me an opening to make a U-turn towards The Space Kraken’s arm for me and Mega Gallade to fire our laser shot and Psy Blade at it, slicing it in half. It’s safe to say that The Space Kraken’s arm is shorter than I expected.

Dominic

I sent out my Sylveon and Alakazam, the latter of which I Mega Evolved to fight alongside me. Together, we shall defeat the Space Kraken so the McBusted boys can get to their show. Mega Alakazam and I used our psychic powers to move the Space Kraken’s projectiles that were fired towards us. However, that didn’t stop The Space Kraken from slamming its arm at our space pod. I wasn’t able to sense that because my mind was already concentrating on moving the projectiles. Just when the arm was about to slam into us again, Sylveon extended its ribbon-like feelers to bind the arm. Mega Alakazam used this opportunity to fire its Focus Blast at the arm. My two Pokémon looked at me with trust in their eyes. I knew that I could rely on them because they accepted me for who I am.

The Space Kraken then summoned block-like barriers to protect its arm and block hits from my space pod. I noticed the more I hit the blocks, the weaker they became, eventually dropping. I realized I needed to weaken them for an opening.

It felt like a puzzle game—a challenge to test my mind as a Psychokiening. The Space Kraken made it difficult by firing projectiles while protected by blocks. I told Sylveon and Mega Alakazam to counter its attacks with Hyper Voice and Psychic, while I focused on taking out the blocks. We worked as a team.  

At first, I’ve fired my missiles at the bottom blocks, but I find that hitting the blocks above will cause them to fall on top of the block below, breaking them twice as fast. As Sylveon and Mega Alakazam worked on fighting against The Space Kraken’s attacks, one of the projectiles exploded above them, causing them to become startled. This leaves them exposed to The Space Kraken’s arm that was about to slam into them.

This time, I was able to sense this and said to them, “Hold on tight!” and teleported away before the arm hit us. I teleported near the blocks, and the Space Kraken fired missiles towards us as if it knew that we would teleport there. But Sylveon and Mega Alakazam fired their Shadow Ball and Mythical Flare at the missiles to take them out. This shows that we have each other’s backs.

The Space Kraken then fired more projectiles. I countered them by firing my Psychic Blast, taking out the rest of the blocks, allowing us to attack The Space Kraken’s arm while it was open. It didn’t seem to take a liking to that and struck my space pod hard by slamming its arm. The impact has caused Sylveon to fall, much to my horror, but Mega Alakazam rescued it using Psychic. We were all relieved with that. Sylveon returned the favour by taking out the missiles using Hyper Voice, giving me a cue to fire the space pod’s laser shot at the arm, taking it out.

By then, all of The Space Kraken’s arms were destroyed, weakening it, but it’s far from defeated just yet, with its main body intact and a few minutes left remaining, so we'd better step on it.

Even without its arms, The Space Kraken can still fight by charging its body at us at high speed or fire torpedo-like missiles and sphere projectiles that release a black smog that resembles ink, which obstructs our vision (just like how most cephalopods have the ability to spray ink, and that’s your fact of the day).

But we all worked together to fight The Space Kraken. There is one time when Chris helped out his brother James by firing his laser shot at the sphere projectile that was about to hit James. But the Space Kraken rammed into Chris, causing him to become shaken. The Space Kraken is about to ram into him again, but James protected his Brother by firing his Psy Wind, which blows the Space Kraken further away from Chris while dealing damage. “I got your back, brother,” said James reassuringly. “Yeah, we’re the Bourne Instantly after all!” cheered Chris. That’s what brothers are for.

While we were fighting The Space Kraken, there were dynamites that were falling towards our space pods. Dane looked up and spotted Sybil and Bart, who were watching us from the podium. He figured that they were trying to sabotage us. “All of you inferior lowlifes shall fall!” said Sybil. “We are perfection and shall win this game after all!” said Bart. “It looks like I’ll be teaching them a lesson!” said Dane, who planned to apprehend them in order to stop them.

His comrades have decided to help him, so they requested that we drop them off on the platforms so that they can assist Dane while we deal with the Space Kraken. Once we fulfilled their request, Dane and his comrades leapt from platform to platform to make their way towards Sybil and Bart.

“Think you so-called heroes can stop us?” sneered Sybil as they tossed the dynamites towards the platforms that they were on. “Ha! Heroes shall fall!” mocked Bart as the platforms were crumbling beneath Dane’s comrades, causing them to fall, but Dane saved them all by grabbing them and holding them with his superhuman strength. “A hero never leaves anyone behind!” said Dane as he lifted each of them to safety.

In response, Sybil and Bart tossed multiple dynamites towards Dane. His comrades combined their attacks to take them all out, which is their way of helping him in return. This allowed Dane to fly upwards towards Sybil and Bart, who threw dynamites at him. “Eat this you woke Hero!” said Sybil. “Riot in hell, you steroid freak!” said Bart. But Dane took the dynamites with his Almighty Punch. The blast has caused Sybil and Bart to fall on their backs, which allowed Dane to grab hold of them by restraining their hands. “How’s this for a queer Hero?” he said.

There were several sphere projectiles that were firing towards me. I repelled them using my Telekinesis Illusion, sending them right back towards The Space Kraken. However, it charged towards me, gaining super armour, which repelled the sphere projectiles. Just before I got hit, Danny came by and stopped its movements using Megaton Punch. “Looks like it can’t withstand my Falcon Punch!” said Danny jokingly, which made me blush (helped with his smile and gaze right in my eyes).

We then helped each other to fight The Space Kraken, fighting against its sphere projectiles (including with the space pod’s missiles and Danny and me firing our Muscle Blaster and Psychic Blast, which also protected the others), but Danny got hit by one of the sphere projectiles, which caused him to get covered by the black smog. This made him open to The Space Kraken firing its missiles at him, but it was Hayden who saved him by firing the space pod’s laser shot at The Space Kraken, stunning it, which gave the opportunity to fire my Psycho Beam at it. “I have your back, Danny”, said Hayden fondly, smiling at him. Danny tenderly smiled back at him, and the black smog had cleared off.

The torpedo missiles fire at high speed, which persistently follows you, just like with Charlie, who tries to get away from them and lure them towards The Space Kraken, which would be a clever strategy, but The Space Kraken was further away from him as it uses its charging move. But Tom and Matt gave him a helping hand while they fired their space pod’s laser shots at the missiles. In return, Charlie shielded them with his Magical Shield to protect them from The Space Kraken’s sphere projectiles.

“Cheer up, Charlie, we’re right there with you”, said Matt. “I’ve cheered up already”, said Charlie, humouring him. “No matter which bands we’re from, we’re here for each other”, said Tom, and those three smiled at each other.

The trio then helped out Danny, James, Chris, Hayden and me (and our Pokémon) to fight The Space Kraken, including by taking out its incoming attacks. As each of us helped to take out the sphere projectiles, there were several torpedo missiles that were heading towards us from above. They were suddenly taken out by a combined PSI attack, causing an explosion above us, which made us jump.  

It was caused by Dougie and Harry firing their Mind Discharge and Healing Blaster from the platforms. They may have recklessly saved us, but that didn’t stop them from showing off with Dougie saying, “Boring! Make way for the Rhythm Duo, who are clearly the best duo that everyone loves! “He got that right! Dougie and I will be the MVPs for this game!” boasted Harry. “While you all shall bow down to us while we do the hard work!” bragged Dougie. “And be thankful that we saved you all from being obliterated while you all are so slow spotting these missiles!” taunted Harry. “Yeah, you all are lousy and can never compete with our superiority combined!” jeered Dougie, just before both of them were whacked on the head by Tom and Matt, dragging them back to their space pods. That’ll shut up those gruesome twosomes.

Putting that aside, the timer may be ticking, but we all worked together to fight The Space Kraken. The McFly boys defended the Busted boys and Chris from incoming sphere projectiles by firing their lasers. Meanwhile, the Busted boys and Chris protected the McFly boys by shooting down missiles before they could hit. “We’re all even here!” said Matt. “Yeah, working together to get out of here, I guess,” replied Harry.

They all drove their space pods closely together, gazing at each other with reassurance and affection. “You have my protection, Dougie”, said Danny as he helped to protect him from The Space Kraken’s sphere projection with his Megaton Punch. “Always the one who makes me laugh, including by saying stupid things”, said Dougie, thanking him in his way, though he nevertheless returned the favour by controlling the missiles with his mind that were about to hit Danny, sending them towards The Space Kraken.

The Space Kraken then charged towards The McBusted boys and Chris. I spotted this and ordered my Mega Alakazam to hold The Space Kraken using Psychic. This allowed Hayden, Mega Gallade, and Mega Gardevoir to attack the Space Kraken. They used their laser shot, Psyblade, and Lumina Crash, dealing massive damage. “Now that was a blast!” cheered Chris as The McBusted boys gave us their thanks. “You all have my support as a fan!” I said to them. “You all have my back as a fellow celebrity!” said Hayden.

With The Space Kraken’s body weakened, Tom had an idea to finish it off, saying, “Let’s all combine our strength and passion with our Pokémon’s Synch Moves!” We all agreed with the idea, with James saying, “Uniting our bonds and talents as one!”  as we activated our Synch Stones to activate our respective Eeveelutions’ Synch Moves. Together, they fired a colourful laser beam made out of the power of their typing, Unity Starry Typing Beam, towards The Space Kraken. With our power and love combined, not only did it completely obliterate The Space Kraken, but it also broke through a huge hole in the ceiling! Hayden, Chris and the others were amazed upon seeing it.  That showcases our spectacular power as a super group that sticks together, with our ascending musician careers (and my support), and our trusty Pokémon by our side. “Alright! Now we’re out of here!” cheered Charlie as we made our escape towards the hole in the ceiling, our exit without hesitation, having to beat the game.

As Dane and his comrades followed us, Sybil and Bart were throwing a tantrum like, well, spoiled brats as they were thrashing about while Dane held them with Sybil wailing, “Noooo!!! How could we lose?! You inferior lower lives weren’t supposed to beat our game!” “We are perfection! We cannot lose! All of you are beneath us!” cried Bart. “Now now, why don’t you both settle down while I give you both a lift to jail?” said Dane with the nerves of steel.

The McBusted boys drove their space pods towards the arena, making it to their show just in time and went on stage without further incident. I was sitting in the audience with Hayden, Chris, Dane (after dropping off Sybil and Bart to prison) and his comrades (who were invited by the McBusted as their thanks for their help), watching The McBusted boys singing their hearts out on stage including their S Club 7 Reach for the Stars cover which clearly shows their passion for their career as musicians while encouraging us to do the same. The fact that they are singing on stage, based on the giant arcade machine, shows that they are gaming masters at heart.

Use this soundtrack for the last section

The rest of the show went off without a hitch, with our spirits raised throughout, which is what we needed, having to go through the whole ordeal. Nevertheless, after the wonderful show, Hayden, Chris and I went over to check on the McBusted boys backstage to see if they were ok.

“Well, today has been our most excellent adventure!” said Dougie, who is still full of energy, having to perform their show. “Glad to have you safe and sound, brother,” said James, patting Chris on his shoulder. “Yeah, glad to make it to the show even after that so-called escape room”, said Charlie. “It was a great show, but I’m happy to hear that you’re all doing well”, said Hayden. “I do admit that it was thrilling, but as long as we all made it in one piece, then that's all that matters”, said Matt. “Yeah, I say that I am the Gaming Master with all of you as extras”, said Harry, teasing us to brighten our spirits. “I guess I’ll have to set you an escape room challenge”, said Chris, which made us laugh.

Once we regained our composure, I added “No matter what paths you follow, I’ll always be there for you all as fan and friend”, I gave them my earnest support. “Yeah, nothing can stop us from making music and getting on stage, as our own bands or as a super group”, said Tom. Danny looked at Tom in the eyes with admiration and agreement, adding “Yeah, we’re all in this together like the stars aligned”, and we all placed our hands together.

This shows that no matter the trials we face and whoever tries to bring us down, we all know that our dreams, bonds and passion (including music, video games and acting) bring us together with nothing stopping The McBusted boys from doing what they love doing best; performing for us wonderful fans as they reach for the stars like the cover song itself.

Trivia 

  • The Space Kraken had some inspiration from the Space Invaders enemies.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

McBusted's Most Excellent Adventure Part 10 - Dominic

Here's my brand new McBusted Fan Fiction which is a 10-parter interconnected story. The McBusted boys were making their way to their sho...