The seventh chapter focuses on Harry Judd. It will guest star Hayden Christensen, my original character Dominic and the Pokémon they have used for the Pokémon Adventures story . Make sure you keep an eye out weekly for each chapters.
Harry Judd
I am Harry Judd, the best drummer in the world and the best McBusted member... at playing the drums, winning at games or shows, getting fit and happy, and hey, uplifting others’ spirits and showing generosity to others. I have to stand out at the back during our tours, as it gets lonely otherwise. Guess that’s why I do all the talking in interviews.
Speaking of tours, I thought I’d jog my way to the arena. It’s a nice sunny day after all, which suits well for the tour, plus I can get my exercise this way. I bet I can get to the arena before any of my bandmates! That way, I’ll be the king of punctuality while everyone else are slowpokes!
But then my movements were suddenly frozen. Have I stood on gum or something? I then noticed that I was surrounded by some light. Before I knew it, I was being abducted by an arcade machine like U.F.O. NOOOOOOOO!!!!!
I must have blanked out, as I woke up in some kind of room that had some blocks and houses. What the heck is this place, and what on earth is going on?! Just then, the screen monitor turned on, which showed a shady-looking character dressed in Roman clothing saying ,“It’s Gaming Time! Welcome, Ladies, Gentlemen and Non-Binary Pals to Escape The Gaming Room! I am your host, Pluto! Tonight we have some very special guests taking part; it’s the boys from the best-loved boy bands McFly and Busted, who have formed together as McBusted!”
“What’s the big idea? I aren’t going to play this silly game of yours! I got to get to my show! They can’t play without me as their drummer!” I demanded. “Well, you sure have some spunk, but there is no backing out of Escape The Gaming Room unless you beat my challenge for you to get out of here”, replied Pluto.
I guess I have to play his game for me to get to the concert on time and to reunite with the others, but hey, I do like a challenge. I said to Pluto with confidence “If that’s the case, then come at me with any challenge you got. I can beat any game you have in store for me! I’m the best after all!” Pluto seemed impressed, saying, “I like your enthusiasm. I shall get to your game right away!” and I was given a crafting table and a pickaxe.
Use this theme for Crafting Town
“Your game is Crafting Town, where you have to explore all around the peaceful village to find and craft materials," Pluto explained. "Along the way, you’ll meet some villagers who come up with requests that you have to fulfil. The aim of the game is to make them all happy. The key is to explore Crafting Town and discover what you can find and craft. Think you’re up to the task?”“You bet I am! I shall break your game in no time,” I replied. I am good at making my fans and other people around me happy, so I’m sure it’ll be a piece of cake.
I have four tasks to complete, and I approached the first villager who resembled a Guinea Pig. “Greetings, my name is Piggy, and I am looking for a Cory Catfish to have as a pet, but I am no good at fishing. I was wondering if you could find me one?” “Why certainly, your wish is my command”, I said. “You have to find the materials to craft a fishing rod first. Crafting is the best part,” said Pluto, and I was given the crafting materials for a fishing rod, which included sticks, strings and ores. “Allow me to lend you some bait”, said Piggy, giving me the bait. That was kind of Piggy, though I find the way he moves is tilted, and his voice sounds artificial, as if he’s a robot.
Putting that aside, I went over towards a cave-like area. I reckon that I could get some ores by breaking down the stones using my pickaxe. So I break through the stones by hammering my pickaxe, which releases pieces of coal; the kind of present that Santa gives to you if you’re being naughty. I got a bit further in the cave as I’ve mined some more rocks. I wondered if there was more to explore in the cave, though some ore had just appeared. They’re the first stepping stone to crafting a fishing rod, though, as I made my leave, I thought I had heard a growling noise.
Anyway, I noticed some cobwebs on the trees. I swing my pickaxe on the cobwebs to break them, which releases some strings that I could use. I hope there are no spiders about. While I’m near the trees, I figured that I could chop down some trees to obtain some sticks to complete my crafting, swinging my pickaxe towards the tree, using it as an axe, which is crafty of me, isn’t it?
Some twigs have fallen off the tree, but also a beehive. “Uh oh! You made the bees mad!” said Pluto. Yikes! I grabbed the twigs and made a mad dash for it, hiding in the cave that I’ve been in earlier. I wouldn’t want to get stung. While I was sheltered, I got out my crafting table and gathered all the materials for my trusty fishing rod. I cautiously peeped out of the cave to make sure that there were no angry bees about. Once the coast was clear, I headed towards the river (although I thought I had heard the same growling noise in the cave while I was crafting).
As soon as I arrived at the river, I added the bait onto my fishing rod and cast it into the water. I may not be an expert on fishing, but I bet I can become the best fisherman out of us McBusted guys! And that’s just when I got a bite! I eagerly reeled it in...and fished out a can. Don’t people put litter in the bin these days?! Rant aside, I trusted the rod back in and got another bite. I can tell that it was a fish as it was putting up a good fight as I was reeling it up, using all my might, as no mite can beat me! I eventually reeled it up, and yep, it was the Cory Cat (aka a Corydoras) that I needed!
I gave the Cory Cat to Piggy right away, who seemed happy with it. “And that’s your first task completed!” said Pluto. This is going well so far, giving me the confidence that I will beat Crafting Town with ease. I then meet up with a Red Panda-like villager named Red. She said to me, “My hobby is catching bugs, but I am having trouble catching a Praying Mantis. Would you please be so kind as to find me one?” “Just leave it to me”, I said.
But first, I needed to craft a net, which required some twigs and strings according to the crafting recipe. However, I have already used up the twigs and strings for the fishing rod, so I have to go back to the trees where the spider webs were to get some more. I once again used my pickaxe as an axe to chop the tree to cause more tree branches to fall, though I was more cautious to make sure there were no beehives. I also sliced through the spider webs to again use their silk as strings.
It was relatively easy to gather the materials to craft a net, but catching the Praying Mantis was the real challenge. I found one on the flower bed and proceeded to swing my net to catch it by surprise, with me saying, “You may have your eyes on your prey, but you won’t be able to catch me!”, only for me to misjudge my aim and slam my net right next to the Mantis, which caused it to fly away. “Hey! Come back here!” I yelled as I ran after it, frantically swinging my net towards it, but I kept on missing. I never thought I would get outrun by a bug!
The Mantis happened to fly past Red, which caused me to accidentally hit Red with the net. “Hey, what’s the big idea?! You’re supposed to catch the Mantis, not me! I don’t even look like a bug!” yelled Red. “Yeah, no hitting the villagers!” added Pluto. Men, Red looks scary when she’s angry. I thought Red Pandas were supposed to be cuddly (not like the one on Netflix who vents out her emotions at a karaoke bar).
I’m going to need some kind of plan to catch that Mantis. I then had the idea of sending out my Umbreon. “Alright, Umbreon, I need you to use your stealth to catch this Praying Mantis”, I said to it, giving it the net, which it holds onto using its mouth. I watch Umbreon slowly ambush the Mantis that was standing on the flower bed, being stealthy as the shadows and just like the Praying Mantis itself. It keeps a watchful eye on it with its large eyes, which give it brilliant eyesight. It then pounces on the unsuspecting Mantis, successfully capturing it in the net. “Well done, Umbreon! You deserve a treat after this!” I cheered. Umbreon seemed to be proud of helping me as I returned it to its Poké Ball.
“Thanks for catching the Praying Mantis for me!” said Red happily, who seemed to forgive me for hitting her with the net. So I am halfway through completing the requests. I met up with an Oryx-like villager named Ant who said to me, “Bring me some diamonds that I need for crafting, which you’ll find in that cave over there. I would go there myself, but my adventuring days are over. Plus, it’s dangerous, so you better not get reckless.” I don’t know if he’s being cranky or lazy, but I’m sure that I have what it takes to find these diamonds for him.
I got into the cave and broke any rocks that I had found using my pickaxe to see if I could mine some diamonds out of them. So far, I can only find lots of coal and iron, which won’t do at all. It was testing my patience. It’s like finding a needle in a haystack. I don’t have time for this! However, I was in luck as breaking the rocks had opened up a hole that led me to a room where there were some rocks full of diamonds.
“Alright! That should be more than enough diamonds!” I cheered, and I mined them right away. As I was gathering them, I heard a hissing noise that sounded like TNT lighting up or a cat hissing. I turned around and saw a green figure that was heading towards me. “Uh oh! Watch out for the Sneaker!” called Pluto, but it was too late as it exploded on me before I could react.
It was a massive explosion, and I ended up in another room. I then found that I have lost all of my items!!!! “How is that fair?!!” I cried in frustration. “Oh, too bad. These Sneakers will creep up on you and cause a big bang if you don’t get away from them in time,” said Pluto, rubbing it in. This was looking bad, as not only had I lost my items, but I also didn’t know where I was. I stood there with my back against the wall, not knowing what to do.
Use this theme for Almighty Man
That is, until I’ve heard a reassuring, heroic voice that eases my mind, saying, “As long as I'm here, you have nothing to fear! For it is I, All Mighty Man!" which came from All Mighty Man, whose true identity is Dane, holding my pickaxe and crafting table. “Thank goodness, I sure could use some help getting out of here”, I said with relief. “Well, you were in luck as I happened to be teleported here after helping your band mates during their games when I heard an explosion sound in the cave, so I went over to investigate, figuring that someone might be in trouble. I can never leave someone in need after all. And I believe that they belong to you,” said Dane, handing me my pickaxe and crafting table.
Yep, he has certainly come here at the right place at the right time, and it’s just as reassuring that he has been helping out my band mates (though I wonder if I could do better at their games?) “You always showing up where you don’t belong”, muttered Pluto. “Well, I have you to thank for sending me all over the place!” said Dane.
Use this theme for Crafting Town again
So Dane teamed up with me to find my items while leading me towards the way out. I also sent out my Umbreon, which uses its glowing rings to light up the cave, which has helped Dane find my fishing rod. He went over and picked it up, asking, “Is this one of your lost items too?” “Why, yes. It was the first item I’ve crafted,” I said as I got it back. Umbreon has also given me the net that it has found. I gave my thanks to it, too.
“Now it would be great if we were to find the diamonds that I have found, which I needed for this request”, I said. “In that case, let me lend you my strength”, said Dane, who breaks through the walls using his massive fists, revealing several spare materials that I have lost, including some diamonds. Thank goodness for that. I rushed over to gather them.
Just as I was picking up those materials, however, it seems that the noise has attracted the attention of the Sneakers. “Now this is getting interesting”, said Pluto as he watches them coming over. “Uh oh, it seems that I didn’t foresee this,” said Dane. He then said to me, “You both go on ahead while I keep them busy.” “But what about you?” I asked, concerned about his safety. “Don’t worry about me. A true hero thinks of others,” said Dane as he fires his All Mighty Laser towards the Sneakers, which causes them to explode.
Although Dane was strong enough to take them all out with his powerful attacks, endurance, and brains, he was still getting hurt by their explosions. I watch him keep his distance from the Sneakers with his All Mighty Laser. He uses his All-Mighty Charge to shield himself from their blasts. Still, I can tell that repeated hits are taking a toll on him. He isn’t always able to react fast enough when a Sneaker ambushes him.
I wasn’t going to stand idle and let him take the fall. I went over to him and said, “Here, mate, let me fix you up.” I used my Miracle Heal to restore his strength. Dane thanked me, saying, “Thanks, true heroes lift each other up.” He took out the rest of the Sneakers with his All Mighty Laser. See, I am good at helping others. With all the Sneakers cleared away, we made our way out of the cave before any more turned up. I also returned my Umbreon.
I hand over the diamonds to Ant (while still having some leftovers). “Well, you have my respect for going out there to find those diamonds”, said Ant. “A true hero has the courage to face the anniversary”, said Dane. He’s right about that, but now we’re up to the last request as set by the Anteater-like villager named Ana. “Oh dear, those meddling Sneakers have gate-crashed my house, which caused it to tumble down. It’s a mess, I tell you, so will you both be a dear and fix my house?” asked Ana, sounding dramatic. “Certainly, we can never turn down anyone in need!” said Dane eagerly.
I took a look at the remains of Ana’s house, and all that is left are some broken walls, so yeah, we'd better gather some materials and get going. I chopped down some trees to gather twigs, which I crafted into wood blocks that we could use for wooden materials. I also broke some rocks from the cave (but without venturing too far) to gather stones. Dane also helped out, utilising his superhuman strength to carry multiple materials at once. I guess this makes him stronger than a pickaxe.
“I reckon we could find some stronger material, but also see if we could find anything interesting”, suggested Dane. “Sounds like the idea”, I said, since this could give us the opportunity to explore some more. I noticed an old. “Maybe we could make use of what we could find over there”, I said as I led Dane towards the village area.
As we took a closer inspection, Dane said: “Well spotted of you! We could make use of these bricks from these abandoned houses”. I also spotted other materials, including plants, water, fire torches and crops. I said to Dane, “I reckon we could gather these materials too, seeing that there’s nobody there and no one is using them.” Dane agreed with that, saying, “Sounds like the plan. We could potentially use them to enhance Ana’s house”.
He then rubbed his chin as if he was thinking of something, saying, “That said, I can’t help but wonder who could have lived in this village and where they are now?” “That’s one of the many mysteries that are better off theorised; leaving to our audience’s imagination”, said Pluto. Now I can’t help wondering. With this village seemingly empty, it’s like something has happened which caused this village to become deserted.
Putting that aside, we gathered the bricks and other materials that we could find, including a wooden door that was blocking a hole. The curiosity has got the better of me; going towards the door that we could use to save us from crafting a door, but as soon as I opened it, it turned out to be a Sneaker hiding place, who let’s just say we weren’t happy with their rude awakening. “What have you done?!!” cried Dane, as we now have to take care of the Sneakers.
Like before, Dane kept his distance from the Sneakers and fired his All Mighty Beam. There were a few that slipped past his laser beam, so I helped him out by firing my Healing Blaster. With the Sneakers consumed by the explosion, it was our chance to make a getaway, with Dane saying to me, “Good thinking of you!” That’ll make up for my mistake.
We went back to the site where Ana’s wrecked house was and got started with crafting the materials to rebuild her house. I thought I could make things interesting and said to Dane, “Let’s see how much we can craft the house using everything we got. Bet I can finish the building before you”. “Why, that sounds like a challenge!” said Dane, who seemed eager, and we craft and build as fast as we can.
I’ll quickly go over the details; we use the bricks to build the walls, made the stairs and fences using the oak, created the roof and chimney using stones, wood and bricks, surrounded the house with the water front, planted some crops, flowers, trees, fountains, fire touches and watchtowers (that Ana could use to keep an eye on Sneakers ) and used the door that I’ve borrowed from the village as her new door.
Ana seemed impressed with her new house, saying, “Oooo!!! You boys did a fantastic job building my new house, which looks like a mansion!” I guessed we both got carried away. It was too soon to celebrate just yet, as more Sneakers were heading towards us. They must have followed us there. “Eeek! Get rid of them!” cried Ana. “Let us handle this!” said Dane, who is ready to fight them. “How about we make things more interesting?” said Pluto, teleporting him away, leaving me alone.
It’s a good thing that I have a few tricks up my sleeves, including slowing down the Sneakers’ movements or creating a flash of light that blinds them using Cleric Freeze and Photon Flash. I sent out my Umbreon to help me out, too, taking them out using Foul Play while handling the explosive hits with its defensives, although it still got hurt, so I’ve healed it using my Miracle Heal and returned it to its Poké Ball so that it won’t push itself.
There were a lot more Sneakers incoming, and they were causing a lot of damage around the area with their explosions (but thankfully not Ana’s house – I wouldn’t want our hard work to go to waste!) So I have to get rid of them all fast, but how? I remembered that we had made the watchtowers, and I had an idea. I quickly went up to one of them, which allowed me to see a huge group of them from above, for me to aim and fire my Healing Blaster at them. Bet they didn’t expect that! They have been Harried!
A few of them managed to escape the blast, but luckily, Ana was inspired by my idea and climbed to the other watchtower, tossing the fire torches. “Get away from my fortress!” cried Ana as she successfully hit every last Sneaker, which is rather impressive of her. Come to think of it, I guess the house that Dane and I have built for Ana is well-suited for keeping enemies away with the watchtowers to watch and attack the enemies from above and the waterfront to keep them away.
We both got down from the watchtowers, with Ana giving me her thanks. We seemed to be in the clear aside from a few holes. Or so it seemed, as there was the one remaining Sneaker that was heading towards us. Quickly, I attacked it with my Healing Shot, but because I was close to it, I got caught in the blast, which caused me to fall into the hole caused by the explosion.
I didn’t know where I was going to land, but it turned out that I landed right into James Bourne’s DeLorean. He seems to be in a race with Tom Fletcher, so I conveniently ended up with two of my bandmates. I was quick to notice that missiles were heading towards us, so I took them out with my Healing Blaster, saying “Hope you don’t mind me dropping in!” “I suppose we owe you one, Harry”, said Tom, though he and James seemed to be pleased for my timely arrival. I then added, “So this is a race? I shall help you to win!” and helped to defend the DeLorean from the incoming weapons with help from James’ Leafeon and Tom, who tossed banana peels in front of the racer that was ahead of us. “Now it looks like we have a third wheeler”, said Pluto, who didn’t expect this.
With our teamwork, we helped James win the race. “Now this is Hedgehog Racing!” he cheered happily as he looked back at us with a warm smile, appreciating our help and thankful that we were safe. We couldn’t help but return our gratitude with a warm smile. “And we have a winner for our Hedgehog Kart!... And um...I guess those two have technically passed their gaming rooms,” said Pluto.
“Well, what do you know? We have beaten those games of yours, which makes us the greatest! What do you have to say to that?!” I boasted. Tom and James seemed to be embarrassed and perplexed by my bragging, but it’s true that the three of us have won. “Not so fast, as I have set up a boss stage for you three!” said Pluto as he summoned three weird-looking Roman soldiers who are almost alien-like. The one I’m facing goes by the name Salacia, who has a blue coloured outfit with fin-like extensions and is holding a trident. So all I have to do is beat them so that we can get back to our concert.
Use this theme for the boss battle
Salacia fires jets of water from their trident. Not only did I got soaked, but the floor became wet, which made it slippery. I’ve fried my Healing Shots at their jets of water, only for my move to get repelled. I tried getting closer to Salacia, but I slipped on the wet surface. Ugh, I’m going nowhere at this rate! I then remembered that I still have my crafting table and materials, so I could make anything to turn things around. So I crafted some iron boots using some iron ores so that I can walk on the soaked floor, and a flower shield using some plants to protect myself from the jet of water. This helped me to fight against Salacia while not having to worry about slipping over. Clever thinking of me, isn’t it?
Salacia, however, swings their trident that becomes surrounded by a veil of water, knocking off my flower shield while slamming me onto the floor. Well, two can play that game, as I crafted a Diamond Sword using some spare diamonds and sticks I have. This became a sword fight as I fought against their trident. While Salacia was distracted fighting my Diamond Sword, I sent out my Umbreon to sucker punch them using Foul Play. While they were down, I fired my Healing Shot at them. It may have been well foul play, but hey, I gotta do what I have to do to win a boss fight.
I guess Salacia didn’t take that well, as they fired a large jet of water towards my Diamond Sword, which repelled it (isn’t this foul play?), which was followed by firing large bubbles, which trapped me. Never thought I would spend my career trapped in a bubble. Help! But my trusty Umbreon helped me out by using Foul Play on the bubble that I was trapped in, freeing me. I thanked Umbreon for that and had my little payback by firing my Healing Blaster at Salacia.
I then fired my Healing Shots at Salacia, only for them to block the attacks by using their trident to summon a tidal wave. They then rode on their tridents like surfboards, riding the waves and charging at me. I got back up and tried to slow them down using my Cleric Freeze, but they were so fast on their ‘surfboard’ that I missed them.
Well, I can ride the waves too (just like when we McFly boys went to Australia, where we recorded our Radio:active album) as I crafted a surfboard using some diamonds, catching up to them and as soon as I got nearer to them (just when they were about to crash into me), I blinded them with my Proton Flash. This made them exposed to my Healing Shots, knocking them off their trident. The waves have vanished, but that shows I can hang in there for ten!
Salacia then joined forces with the other two bosses, Juno and Aura, who were facing Tom and James. Juno unleashed her flash of light, which blinded us, allowing Aura and Salacia to fire their hurricane and water sprout at us. Both of their moves combined created a typhoon! “Now that’s three times the fun to make it more chaotic! Our audience craves for more chaos after all!” said Pluto. “Not if someone gets hurt”, said James dryly. “Now that is so unfair!!!” I yelled.
Luckily, Tom has come up with an idea which involves getting to the ‘Kapow’ block surrounded by breakable blocks that he spotted in the distance. He said to us, “Hey, James! How about you give us a lift over there for Harry to break these blocks? That’ll be the key to stop those bosses,” I said. I understood his genius idea with James saying, “Well then, let’s go fast like whoa!” and we gathered onto his kart.
James rides at high speed, but the three bosses tried to stop us by firing their pillars of light and typhoon towards us, but James was able to turn the DeLorean away from the attacks. Jolteon, Leafeon and Umbreon also helped out by defending us from those attacks. That gave me a chance to jump off the DeLorean and break down the blocks using my pickaxe, doing my bit. I may have been bragging on how I like to be the best at things, but it was good to work with my bandmates as a team, with our plan coming together.
Just when I was about to break the last remaining blocks, however, the bosses’ attacks were firing towards me. James was about to get hit, too, but Tom helped us by using his Time Stop to freeze their attacks. Thank goodness for that!
As soon as I’d broken down every block (and the Time Stop effects had worn off), Tom grabbed the ‘Kaplow’ block and slammed it onto the ground near the three bosses, toppling them over like skittles. “Alright! Now we can get the upper hand! I cheered, and I fired my Healing Blaster at them while they were down.
Salacia got up and fired huge bubbles towards me, but I wasn’t falling for that again, as I’ve fired another Healing Blaster, which popped them all. Salacia also got caught in the blast, finishing them off. Their helmet fell off, which revealed Zion, a nonbinary individual (while biologically female) who is Storm’s partner. I went over to them to see if they were ok.
“I vaguely remember what happened, but if I ever hurt you or your friends, then you have my apologies. I only intend to help Dane serve justice and equality while fighting alongside Storm,” said Zion. Zion is said to be the first to have defeated Storm in a battle. She deems them a worthy opponent, yet has become closer ever since. “No worries, we’re in this together in this wrenched game that we shall bust ourselves out. In the meantime, I’ll fix you up,” I said, healing Zion with my Miracle Heal.
Zion gave me my thanks and faced the screen monitor to confront Pluto, saying with an assertive voice, “If you happened to be the mastermind of this game of yours, trying to tear us apart, then I suggest you should face us if you dare.” I backed them up, saying, “Yeah, now that we have beaten Escape The Gaming Room, I demand that you release us!” “Congrats on passing your gaming challenge. You may proceed to the next area if you wish to make your way out,” replied Pluto.
So we head towards the exit with Zion walking closely alongside Storm, having to be reunited with each other. I know that we’ll be reuniting with the other McBusted boys, winning their games and which makes us the champions of Escape The Gaming Room (with me as the MVP of course).
To be continued
Trivia
- Crafting Town has combined elements from crafting and social simulation games including Minecraft and Animal Crossing.
- The villagers are based on the kind of animals that I'm into and I've picked Cory Cat as the fish species as I have them for my tropical aqaurium.
- The show that Harry makes a reference to is Aggretsuko which I watched last year (not that I know he has watched the show himself).
No comments:
Post a Comment